One....really?!?! It's hard to believe that a year ago our sweet Reid came into this world. I have tried so hard to enjoy every minute with our little guy, but the minutes seem to go by too fast. I feel it an absolute privilege to be the one he calls "momma". My little Reid has grown quite a bit from the 7lbs 15 oz last year. He is 22 lbs 6 oz now (25-50%) and is 31 1/2 inches tall (90-97%!!!). He has 7 teeth now, also. He loves to eat most foods and is always asking for a bite. Matt and I are amazed at his language. It is often that we are asking ourselves, "Did he just say that?" The other day he actually said basketball! It was more like ba-ball, but he was looking right at the basketball. Balls are one of his new favorite toys to play with. He is also starting to show an interest in books. Reid still isn't walking (he actually took his first step this past Wednesday, the 25th...just 3 days after his first birthday). I did, however, catch him jumping in his bed the other day when I went to get him out. I may have another jumping bean on my hands! I have noticed also that he is always paying close attention to detail. He loves playing with Cade's tool bench at home putting the screws in and out of the holes. He is also always aware of what is going on around him. Reid really is such a sweet, happy little guy. My love has grown more over the last year than I ever could have imagined. I am excited and a bit sad at the same time that my little baby is one. The first year is so special, but I know that there are so many great things in our future.
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
you and I can just keep pretending that he's still 6 months old! That would make me feel a lot better! He looks so handsome in these pics! Happy b-day little man!
Post a Comment