Saturday, April 18, 2009

puddle jumping

We went up to the church tonight to hang out with all the guys up there cooking barbecue for the church-wide picnic tomorrow. It has been very stormy yesterday and today so the ground was soaked. When we first got there Cade flipped out when his boots and soccer ball got wet. I finally convinced him that it was ok for the soccer ball to get wet and he started playing with a friend. He accidentally fell down and got his shirt wet and was quite upset about that. (Are you getting the pattern that Cade HATES being dirty??) Again, I convinced him that it was ok....we will go home and get a bath and it is just fine to get dirty. Well, dirty he got....and VERY wet.

Here is the progression of the puddle jumping.

He started jumping in the little ditch with a few friends.....







Then he moved on to a little bigger and deeper puddle.....

Zach decided to join in

This is Cade's buddy, Drew.



And then they moved on to a HUGE puddle with a bench nearby to make splashing even more fun! As you can tell he decided that his shirt was too wet and took it off.



Cade had such a blast. He talked about the puddles the rest of the night. Now I just have to convince him that he can't play in those puddles tomorrow during the picnic!

4 comments:

Taleigh said...

Looks like y'all had so much fun! I can't believe he actually got dirty!!!

Michelle said...

this is awesome!!!! my boys love puddles too!!!!!

The Meers Family said...

That is hilarious! I think I would've passed out if my girls had attempted to get that dirty...I'm sweating just thinking of it! That is something he will not soon forget! Way to be a cool mom!

Marc and Kathy said...

I am very proud of you Tara! I have a difficult time letting loose with Aiden, but I am getting better. I realize that he is only little once and dirt/mud never hurt anyone. (This is very hard since I am like Cade and HATE to be dirty.) =)