Monday, February 14, 2011

32 week ultrasound....not what I had hoped for.


I went today to get my 32 week ultrasound of baby Aubrey. She was just as stubborn as she was for her last ultrasound. I hope this doesn't become a trend! I wanted to make sure she was a girl since my last ultrasound was at 16 1/2 weeks. Aubrey had her foot blocking us the whole time. Finally right at the end she decided to let us take a peek and it is confirmed that she is still a girl! Whew...just in time to paint the room pink!
Aubrey has decided that breech is best...no wonder I keep getting those kicks down low! All of her other measurements were great.....except for the kidneys. Her right kidney is larger than her left. This is minor, except for the fact that this is what Cade had. And I wouldn't think anything of it except for the fact that I was told that Cade having microtia in his ear was linked to him having an enlarged kidney. It's also a little more upsetting because I was told that usually when girls have this it doesn't correct itself as often as it does in little boys. Cade's kidney was still enlarged when he was born, but as of now it is considered "resolving hydronephrosis" because it has slowly gotten better on it's own. I am thankful that it's not so enlarged that we have to consider surgery right now, but really we can't tell much until she's born. I will likely get another ultrasound to check on the kidneys before she is born, but right now it is just a waiting game. There is no way to check the ears, so right now I just have to pray that God heal her. I don't want her to have to take medicine everyday for a year like Cade did and to have to go through all the testing that Cade did. Will you please pray for healing with me?

Oh...I also found out that I have a staph infection. I will be starting antibiotics and hoping it doesn't get worse.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We will definitely be praying for healing for sweet baby Aubrey! And my little one was still breech at this point but turned itself around in the next few weeks, so I'm hoping that happens for you as well.

Stacy said...

Praying for you and Aubrey!! XXOO

Josie Kesler said...

Sending prayers your way. My daughter is due in 2 1/2 weeks. We may have questions!

Anonymous said...

You know you are in prayers....

Jill said...

Tara, I am so sorry you are on this roller coaster again....Lots of prayers going up for you and Matt and Baby Aubrey.

For the breech thing check out www.spinningbabies.com