Sunday, March 15, 2009

Be careful little ears what you hear

I pretty much always have KSBJ (our local Christian radio station) playing in my car. The only other things we listen to are kids songs that I have downloaded to my ipod. Well, the other day I was just singing along with the music and Chris Tomlins song, Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) came on the radio. I was singing and once it hit the chorus Cade started singing with me!! It was the sweetest thing to hear him sing "My God, my Savior has ransomed me and like a flood His mercy rains Unending love, Amazing grace". (He sings the bold words). I guess I never really thought he was paying attention to my music. A few days after that he started singing "This is the day, this is the day that the Lord has made.....". I thought, where did he learn that? Then it hit me, that song is on one of his CD's he listens to when he is falling asleep! For a little boy who struggles with hearing, he sure has been paying attention! I guess now I know why he has been turning his head in the car so he could hear better and why he has been falling asleep at the end of his bed so he is closer to his CD player.

No comments: