Tuesday, March 31, 2009

he finally realized

Today after Mom's Day Out I went to my parents house to watch TJ. The weather was nice so I took all the boys outside to enjoy it. There were some yardmen across the street and that was entertainment enough for the boys. I'm sure the yardmen were just thrilled with us watching them. Cade was just playing around, running back and forth on the sidewalk while I sat on the bench with Reid in my lap and TJ nearby. Cade came over to me and was folding down his good ear and then folding it again. He then reached over to the other ear and said, "Where'd my ear go?" I completely froze and really didn't know what to say. I had played it out in my head a hundred times of what I would say when he realized that he only had 1 ear, and all I could do was sit speechless. Cade just responded to himself and said, "I fold it" and then skipped down the sidewalk again. My heart just broke. I thought I was ready for him to realize it. I guess I wasn't.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Tara, God will give you the right words when he presses for an answer. I will be praying that he has an understanding that is supernatural! On the flip side, maybe he will be accepting of it for another couple of years like he was yesterday and you can talk to him when he is older when he is able to comprehend better and it won't be so confusing.

Stacy Drake said...

I read this entry yesterday, and I've been trying to figure out the right words to say to encourage you. All I know is that God gives us what we need when we need it. He is faithful, and He will use Cade for His glory. God picked just the right parents for this special little boy.

Dear Lord, hold my friend Tara close. Guide her in this journey with Cade. Let her be still and know that You are God.

Love you!