Sunday, June 14, 2009

walking barefoot

Well, after just 4 days on the market Matt and I got 2 offers on our house. We negotiated for a few days and signed the papers Friday night. We were shocked it sold so fast. Yes, I prayed that it would sell quickly and really did think it would, but 4 days! That was great! Before we started this process it was easy to have faith that everything would happen in perfect timing. I still have faith that all will be ok, it's just so easy to get discouraged. I feel like I have looked at everything in the area we want in our price range and nothing is jumping out at us. I am constantly reminding myself that everything will work out and that God will show us the perfect house for us. It's hard. Tonight I was reading a Beth Moore daily devotional for today. I thought it was perfect and wanted to share it with you.

Take your sandals off your feet, for the place you are standing is holy ground.
Exodus 3:5

Faith is never the denial of reality; it is belief in a greater reality. In other words, the truth may be that you are presently surrounded by terrifying or terribly discouraging circumstances. But the reason why you don't have to buckle to fear and discouragement is the presence of God in the middle of your circumstances. So call upon Him to step His One and Only shoes onto your territory. This place--this circumstance--is now holy because God stands on it with you. You don't have to fill His shoes, Dear One. Take off your sandals and walk barefoot in His wake.

4 comments:

Marc and Kathy said...

Awesome! I am happy that you sold your house so quickly! What a blessing. I am certain that God has the perfect home for you guys. Thanks for sharing your devotional.

fleur said...

Thanks Tara, this was just the encouragement I needed to hear today!

Stacy Drake said...

Isn't it funny how sometimes we aren't ready for His blessings? I can certainly relate. Have faith, and He will continue to lead you to the perfect home.

Anonymous said...

I love that! Thanks for sharing. I am praying for you all to find the perfect house!! I am serious, you are welcome to move in for a while until you find it! It would be crazy around here, but a fun kind of crazy!

Jill