By the way, see those carrots on his plate? I had some extra carrots at home so I cooked them for Reid. Cade now loves my carrots and that was his 3rd helping! I don't know who this new Cade is that is trying new foods and liking them, but I love it! Oh, there was NO reaction from the egg noodles! :)
Saturday, January 17, 2009
quick learners
It becomes more apparent every day how much Cade really watches what Matt and I do and say. I catch him saying phrases that we say, not realizing that we say that until he says it back. Matt and I are often saying, "do I say that?". Cade also has many different facial expressions. I have no idea where he gets them until I catch myself doing the same ones. Well, tonight Cade was sitting next to Matt at Pei Wei. We had gotten the boys a kids chicken lo mein so they could split the chicken. Matt ate the noodles because Cade has never really liked noodles and they were egg noodles. It ended up that Cade thought he needed a bite. Since he has been doing so well with the milk I thought why not give eggs a try. I had Benadryl and the epi pen in the diaper bag as I always do. Cade took the noodle, but wanted it to hang out his mouth.....hmmmm. He immediately leaned over his plate and slurped up the noodle. Matt and I were trying so hard not to laugh, but just couldn't hold it in. Matt looked at me and said, "Do I really slurp the noodles that bad?" I had no comment! :) Cade ended up eating several bites and slurped up every one!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
MMMMM you are making me hungry! Wish we had a Pei Wei!
Glad that Cade is trying new foods!
Love,
Steph
Post a Comment