Thursday, March 19, 2009

another one down

Day 2 is done. I slept horrible last night thinking that at any moment Cade was going to wake up crying because he was wet. The first sound I heard from him was a few minutes before 7! He cried a bit and then I heard him say, "wait....just hold it" and then another little cry. I ran in his room and he was sitting on the end of his bed, completely DRY, waiting for the clock to turn 6! Yes, I changed his clock back to the old time because I learned that he would sleep another hour if I did. Cade is one of those kids that wakes up the same time every morning no matter what time he goes to bed, so another hour of sleep is great for him....and me! I guess I could just teach him not to get out of bed until the first number is a 7, but he really has the 6 thing down so I am not about to mess up a good thing. I told him it was ok to get out of bed so we could go potty. I was so proud of him for staying dry! He did have a couple more accidents throughout the day, but overall he did really well. He even stayed dry during nap time! We didn't have to go to the doctor because he was much better today. Thank you to those who were praying with me! We did, however, go to my mom's house so I could watch TJ this evening. The car ride went great! If I could just teach him to know when he has to go we should be smooth sailing. Hopefully tomorrow he will have less accidents! By the way, I am SO thankful that the majority of my house is tile!!

1 comment:

Marc and Kathy said...

Hey girl! I will be thinking of you and praying for you during this time. Keep the updates coming! I might need to take notes for when my little one is ready! BTW, Aiden and Reid are REALLY close in weight & height....except Aiden is 4 months older! HA!