Thursday, May 21, 2009

lake fun

I know it's been way too long since I have updated the blog. The end of Mom's Day Out was a bit crazier than I thought it would be! I had an amazing year this year and it couldn't have ended on a better note. On the last day one of my students told me that she accepted Christ. I couldn't have asked for a better ending to the year! I thought that I would have a ton of time when MDO ended, but now my focus is on planning for VBS and getting our house ready to sell. We love our house, but we have just outgrown it. So, with everything going on I will try and update the blog when I get a chance.
Here are some pictures from our fun weekend at the lake (none are edited....sorry!) We went out to lake Conroe with the Meers for my birthday weekend. We always have a great time at the lake!

feeding the ducks on Saturday morning

sweet Reid

Jennifer and Payton out for a morning ride

Payton

Alan and Maci went out next.

Cade showing off the cool lake sunglasses while waiting for his turn to ride!

Cade did better this year. Last year he cried because he didn't like the wind in his eyes. This year we put sunglasses on him. He only rode this once, but at least he didn't come back crying!

Reid loved riding. He rode twice and fell asleep on the ride both times!

Alan decided to go out for a spin. The water was a little chilly so he thought he would be smart and take off from the deck.....

it didn't work! He said the water wasn't as bad as he thought, though!

He got up the next time and thought he would come show off a bit.







Then.....

he had enough.


I love that smile!

proof that Reid fell asleep on the ride. Getting that life jacket off and keeping him asleep was not easy!


I love fishing and hate that I don't get to do it more often. I always try to fish for a little bit when we get to go out to the lake. I didn't catch a fish this time, but Jennifer caught a good one! Reid liked fishing as well. He loved casting and reeling the line in. This is a picture of Jenn's fish.

A picture of the kids before we left to go to dinner.
Thank you Meers for taking us to the lake with you! We loved getting away and having fun with you guys!

1 comment:

The Meers Family said...

I love, love, love the one of all 4 kiddos. Very sweet! I also really like the one of little Reid asleep after the ride, could he be any cuter??? What a great weekend. I'm ready to do it again when you are!