Friday, February 26, 2010

Mimi's 2nd annual Valentine's lunch


My mom had her second annual Valentine's lunch for the grand kids the day before Valentine's. We love this tradition because Matt and I get to leave and have our own Valentine's lunch at the same time! My mom went all out, as always, and decorated so cute! Each of the kids got a basket of goodies, also. The roses in the middle of the table are from my dad to my mom. They were beautiful! Mom made 3 kinds of sandwiches, all heart shaped of course. She also had some pinwheel sandwiches, strawberries, grapes, cheetos, a homemade cheerio mix and lots of candy.

My mom has made these cookies every year for Valentine's for as long as I can remember. When we were little she would write all the kids names from our class on them. That was back when homemade foods were allowed at the "holiday" parties. My how times have changed.

I loved these cupcake picks and bag toppers Mom found at Hobby Lobby. They looked like vintage Valentine cards. I also think it was funny that Cade wouldn't eat any of the cupcakes that had the girl Valentine on them. He said those were for girls and the other ones were for boys. I guess you can say that I had no choice but to eat a cupcake or two......maybe three!



The kids table all set up

The boys and their Mimi



Matt and I were long gone during all this. :)
Afterwards the boys had so much fun playing around.
Madison....I don't think I have ever seen a bad picture of that girl. She is just so pretty.


Thanks Mimi!!!

No comments: