Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rodeo fun 3-11-10

Matt and I took the boys out to the rodeo last Wednesday to ride some rides, play some games, eat too much and see Rascal Flatts. They love the Cars movie, so they just wanted to hear Life Is A Highway.

The first ride we rode was the ferris wheel. The kids loved riding it and seeing what rides were close so we could ride them next. Matt and Cade were in the seat behind us so is also became a big game of "Hi Daddy...Hi Mommy....I see you!"

Reid saw this ride while on the ferris wheel and was set on riding it next. He thought they were pigs. Cade was sure to correct him. "They are not pigs, they are ephewants." Whatever they were, the boys had a blast riding them together.




Next was on to the cars. 2 seats with 2 wheels each=no fighting and lots of fun! :)

Cade and I went down the slide next. The carnie at the top was a little strange. Cade was busy picking out which color slide he wanted to go down and all he could talk about to me was what the different colors mean in his country. I still never figured out what he was trying to say or what country he was from. Regardless, the slide was fun and Cade's laugh was worth all the tickets it took to ride!



Next was on to the petting zoo. You would think those animals would have been full from all the people who feed them all day long, but no....they acted like they were starving. The pigs, however, were well overfed. Their stomachs were dragging the ground. They must have been potbelly pigs.



Next was on to the carousel. What can I say....up and down and round and round. Woohoo.

"Hey Daddy!!!!!!"

Cade saw a basketball game he HAD to play. Guess what.....he made it! It took a few shots, but he did it! I thought he made an incredible choice in prizes!

After all that fun we stopped to eat. Tiffany also met us out there to finish out the fun night with us. We stopped by the best funnel cake stand at the rodeo to say hi to friends and of course eat one! :) That was after I downed a yummy burrito, the kids ate a corn dog and Matt had chicken strips. We did a little shopping inside and then headed over to the rodeo.



one of my all time favorite...

another favorite. Poor girl got that calf by the tail!



My new favorite...mutton bustin'

It was Salute to our Troops day. I loved the way they dropped the flag down into the stadium.

And then.....Rascall Flatts!

Cade kept asking when they were going to play Life Is A Highway. It happened to be the LAST song they sang after both boys were asleep. I ended up waking up Cade so he could hear it.


We had such a fun night....spent way too much money, but made memories we won't forget!

No comments: