Sunday, May 11, 2008

baby dedication

Today was Reid's baby dedication at church. We stood in front of the church and made a commitment to raise Reid in an environment where he has many opportunities to know God. It is also a time where the church is asked to pray for the children and the parents. It is so special to me to be able to do this with my children. I was raised in this church and I know that there were so many people who have prayed for me as I have grown up there. That church feels like my second home and I hope my boys will feel the same way as they grow up. There are so many things that I want my children to do and so many wishes I have for them, but my one prayer is that they will come to know the Lord and have an intimate relationship with Him. I was honored to have my dad pray at the end of the dedication. My parents have given me every opportunity to know the Lord and have shown me over and over again what godly parents are. I couldn't have had better examples.

Deuteronomy 6:4-9
“Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one! You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.



This is the picture that was shown on the big screen. Check out those baby blues!
Our family in front of the church with Stephanie Thames, the Children's minister.
This is my dad praying over us. Tessa....your supposed to be praying, not playing! :)

My mom made Reid's dedication outfit. She did an awesome job. Thank you Mimi!

I have video of the dedication and I am hoping to figure out how to download it and post it for you to see.

2 comments:

Marc and Kathy said...

We are having the same dilemma! Aiden's baby dedication was last week and we used our new video camera to catch the moment. Now we have to take a few minutes to figure out how to get it on the blog!

I agree, raising Aiden to know the Lord is the most important thing to Marc and I. Thanks for sharing!

Love ya!
Kathy

Ashley McWhorter said...

So glad your Mother's Day was full of wonderful memories. So precious!!

Love-Ashley