Thursday, May 15, 2008

Last day of MDO

Today is Cade's last day of Mom's Day Out. He has come to love going to school to see all his friends. He loves to look at his class picture and name everyone. I was thinking back to the beginning of school and I now realize how much Cade has grown up this year. In the beginning it was a fight every time I dropped Cade off. I remember wanting so badly for him to go in like all the other boys and girls. Well, that day came. He went in to class and he didn't even whimper. My heart just sank. Yes, I was so proud of him for going into class so well, but I just remember being sad....it was so nice to be wanted. Now Cade runs into class, but he always remembers to give me a kiss. If he forgets it won't take long and he runs back to the door, gives me a kiss and then goes back to playing. My favorite part of the day is when I get to pick him up. Cade always runs towards me and gives me a BIG hug. His teachers, Mrs. Laura and Mrs. Lesly, have been wonderful. They have taught him so well. Cade often does or says things that I find out later had been done in class. They also do those messy things that I am not quite ready to try at home, yet. You know...finger painting, gluing, etc. You know, come to think of it they even played in the dirt when they were talking about spring and plants!! I have art work on my fridge because of them! Cade loves to point to his pictures that he's made, he is always so proud! At the beginning of the year Cade would throw a fit when his hands got dirty. No finger painting for Cade! Well, now he does much better. I got a report on Tuesday that he let them paint his hands!! Yea! I know they may not feel like they have done much, but they have left their mark. They have given Cade opportunities that he wouldn't have had otherwise and taught Cade about so many things. I am most thankful that they have taught Cade about Jesus. Cade will really miss his teachers and friends this summer. Thank you Mrs. Laura and Mrs. Lesly!
(Mrs. Lesly was absent on picture day along with 1 of his other friends :( )

No comments: