Sunday, August 3, 2008
confession
I took Matt and the boys to Wal-Mart tonight to do a little grocery shopping for the week. First off, I do not like going grocery shopping on Sundays, everything is picked over and it's way too crowded. However, I was down to my last carton of milk for Cade with not much food to eat. Tomorrow we are busy and I saw that there was a tropical storm aimed for Houston this Tuesday, so I decided that I had no choice but to brave Wal-Mart. I wasn't too thrilled until I walked over near the school supplies. I don't know what it is about them, but I just want to buy school supplies. They are all so pretty. I especially fell in love with a really cute spiral!!! Really....do I need a spiral? I tried really hard to think of a reason to buy it, but just couldn't come up with a good one. The bins of glue, crayons and pencils called my name, too. I couldn't think of a good reason to buy any of that either. I was bummed. Today I was good, but the longer I think about that cute spiral the more I think that there has to be a reason to buy it. Am I the only weirdo that gets excited about school supplies???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I LOVE school supplies. I get very excited when they come out, even though it means school is about to start. It either means I'm a big dork or I was meant to be a teacher...maybe both!
I LOVE school supplies!! My favorite part of inservice is organizing all of my folders! I did this Friday and feel like I am ready to take on the world. Maybe Matt can pull a Tom Hanks (from You've Got Mail) and buy you a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils.
Oh My Gosh! I knew that we were friends for a reason. I actually laughed out loud when reading your blog! That is so me. Standing in the school supply aisle trying to figure out why I NEED some of the stuff. HAHAHAHA!
Post a Comment