I realized today that I hadn't posted the results to Cade's kidney testing. My appointment with the doctor was a bit frustrating and confusing, but I think he no longer has hydronephrosis. I say I think because the doctor was a bit scatterbrained that day. Once he finally had the results of the test in front of him he started just going off and between his thick Asian accent and the big medical words, I didn't quite catch it all. I asked if he still had hydronephrosis and still didn't get a yes or no answer. I asked several other questions and by putting all the info together, I think he has a normal functioning kidney....I think... The doctor forwarded the results to the pediatrician, so I am hoping to get better answers there.
We went to the ear, nose and throat doctor today for a check-up. Cade first had a hearing test done that he failed pretty bad. (I guess he has an excuse for not responding to me when I call :) ) The doctor looked in his ear and said there was fluid behind the ear drum, it's not infected but it is effecting his hearing. He's already had 2 ear infections since this last tube started to come out, too. So, Cade is having a tube put in his ear on Friday. The doctor is going to put a different tube in this time that should stay in the ear 18 months!!! (the others are supposed to last 9 months) Hopefully his hearing will improve soon with the new tube.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How is Cade doing? I hope everything turned out well. Let us know!
Post a Comment