Wednesday, September 24, 2008
faith of a child
Many of you know that I teach 4 and 5 year olds at Mom's Day Out at our church. Yesterday after one of the students mom dropped her off she told me a story about her daughter. She said that her daughter would randomly come up to her and ask if daddy was stronger than Jesus. Another time she would ask if mommy was stronger than Jesus. She would even flex her muscles and ask if He was that strong. After her mommy said He was, she would flex for a longer period of time to see if He was stronger than that. Then, one night at bedtime her daughter said, "Mommy, I thought of something that Jesus wasn't strong enough to do." Her mom asked what it was and she said, "He wasn't strong enough to pull the nails out." Wow.... That mom took the teachable moment and explained to her daughter that He was strong enough, but he chose not to because He came on this earth to die for you and me. I love that story and am amazed at the thought process of a 4 year old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that is amazing!
Wow, I'm blown away! So awesome!
Post a Comment