Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ike

Well, we made it through! Ike is gone and we are still standing. We were extremely fortunate not to have any damage. Several of my neighbors lost trees, shingles and have water damage in their homes. We are also fortunate that our power came back on yesterday at 2:15pm, exactly 12 hours after it went off. I have tried calling everyone I know to let them know to come over, but cell phone service is pretty much down. I can get through to my sister, Tosha, every once in awhile. I was able to talk to my parents yesterday morning, but haven't been able to reach them since. As far as I know my parents escaped without damage and my grandmothers house had a big tree down and quite a few limbs in the yard, but everything missed her house. As I watch all the news coverage I feel a bit guilty as I sit here in my cool house watching TV. There are so many people without power. We are going out today to visit my parents and take them some ice. I am hoping that I will be able to drive by some friends houses to let them know they can come over. I took some pictures that I will upload later for you to see. Until then, if you know of anyone that needs help please let me know!

No comments: