We went to Frisco this past weekend to have our Christmas celebration with Matt's family.
On our way into town we stopped to have lunch with a friend from college, Sara and her 2 boys. Cade and Carson had a good time together. I was thankful that the restaurant was pretty empty when we were done because it gave the kiddos a chance to move around a little bit. Carson decided to wear Sara's pretty gold jacket. Don't you think it looks great!?
On Saturday Matt's dad and his wife, Mary Beth, came in town to have lunch, spend some time with the grand kids and to watch the kids basketball games. We had a nice lunch at McAlisters and then went over to the church to a little play area to open gifts and play before the games. It was great visiting and Cade had a blast on the slide.
Matt and Zach at McAlisters

Cade and Zach in the play area at the church. Cade had SO much fun playing with his cousins this past weekend.

Cade was very excited about his tractor
I love this picture of Avery, Zachary and Cade

I love this picture of Avery, Zachary and Cade
Reid always smiled for Warren (aka "Uncle"....Uncle Warren is just too much to say for Cade, so he shortened it)

Avery excited about her new Hannah Montana game

Cade also got a bus!! You know that's always a good thing!

As you can see Reid is really getting around. He tries to crawl up anything.....
I guess this is the new GQ pose???




Warren, Cade, Mary Beth and Reid. I think Cade thought he was supposed to put his guns up...Go Tech!

We were excited to see Zachary and Avery's first basketball game. Matt and I used to go to their soccer games once or twice and year and we have really missed watching them play sports. Zachary and Avery both are very talented. I am always impressed to hear the latest in how well they are doing in school and in their extra curricular activities.
Avery excited about her new Hannah Montana game

Cade also got a bus!! You know that's always a good thing!

As you can see Reid is really getting around. He tries to crawl up anything.....
I guess this is the new GQ pose???



Warren, Cade, Mary Beth and Reid. I think Cade thought he was supposed to put his guns up...Go Tech!

We were excited to see Zachary and Avery's first basketball game. Matt and I used to go to their soccer games once or twice and year and we have really missed watching them play sports. Zachary and Avery both are very talented. I am always impressed to hear the latest in how well they are doing in school and in their extra curricular activities.
Zac is in the white shirt and green shorts


Avery is on the right of the picture

Reid was so excited that he fell asleep on Warren....



I loved being able to see trees with so many different colored leaves. This street is near Warren and Angela's house and we got to drive down it several times each day. It was so pretty.

My little cutie

We exchanged gifts with Zachary and Avery on Sunday before we left. Reid is very curious about his new toy!
watch out Tiger Woods..........

Avery was excited to get some PJ's for her American Girl doll, Mia

Zac is a huge Mavericks fan so we got him a Mavs watch.



Avery is on the right of the picture

Reid was so excited that he fell asleep on Warren....


I loved being able to see trees with so many different colored leaves. This street is near Warren and Angela's house and we got to drive down it several times each day. It was so pretty.

My little cutie

We exchanged gifts with Zachary and Avery on Sunday before we left. Reid is very curious about his new toy!
watch out Tiger Woods..........

Avery was excited to get some PJ's for her American Girl doll, Mia

Zac is a huge Mavericks fan so we got him a Mavs watch.

We were sad to leave Dallas. We always have a fun time with everyone and it seems that this year was no exception. Cade misses Zachary and Avery already!

On our way out of town we stopped to have lunch with Matt's Aunt Ethel and Uncle Jerry. Ethel is Matt's moms sister. We loved catching up with them. I hate that we don't see them more often. It was also exciting to hear stories and such about Matt's mom, Jean. I wish I knew more about her so I could tell my boys about her, but I know that Matt will do a great job of that. Ethel did tell me quite a few things that I never knew and even has been sending me some pictures of Jean when she was younger. I am so thankful for that....
Here is one of the pictures I got from Ethel. Matt's mom is on the right. I just love old pictures like this. I can't wait to print one and frame it.



No comments:
Post a Comment