Sunday, March 27, 2011

Reid's Three....well, he turned 3 last month!

I realized the other day that I had never done Reid's three year post. It's honestly quite hard to believe that he is already three. I pulled up his two year picture just now and it seems like it was just yesterday. It almost made me cry, but that just may be because I am pregnant! We had a great time celebrating Reid this year. He had a Handy Manny birthday party with a few of his friends. On his birthday, we had school; so he got to celebrate with his friends again. After school, his Mimi brought him an "eye patch" cookie that he loved. He decided it was way better than the cupcakes I had made. Reid is such a fun little guy. He loves tools, trains, and his newest love is pirates (hence the eye patch cookie!). We watched The Veggie Tales The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything and that started the excitement about pirates. Reid still likes to sleep with his yellow hammer, but he also has a foam "pirate" sword close by, too. Reid has a wild imagination that is constantly going. He is also always saying something that makes me laugh. He has even started making these silly faces which has made getting a good picture quite difficult! I love how sweet and caring Reid is. He is so excited about being a big brother and has already shown how much he loves Aubrey. Reid loves to come and rub my stomach and talk to her. What's crazy is that she always moves when he talks to her. I can't wait to see how they will be once Aubrey is actually here. Reid loves to come down to my bed in the morning and cuddle. I have to admit that I LOVE that! He will also grab a blanket in the middle of the day and want to cuddle. If I tell him I can't he always says, "but I love you." Really, how can I possibly say no to that! I am so blessed by Reid and thankful that I get to be the one he calls Mom.

No comments: