Monday, March 21, 2011

Rodeo fun

Matt took a few hours off work a few weeks ago so we could take the boys to the Houston Livestock Show. I didn't want to go on a weekend and fight the crowds, so we went on a Wednesday. The weather was PERFECT.


The boys first ride. The operator took one look at me and said, "umm, no" I quickly learned I was just going to be there for pictures, but that is ok. I had fun watching my boys have fun!

Cade remembered the slide and was so excited to ride it again. If it wasn't so stinking expensive I would have let him ride it over and over!




The boys had fun going through and learning about the farm. What was even better was the little snack they got at the end!




When we saw this pirate ship ride Reid yelled out, "Oh, ships!" He is totally into pirates right now (because he watched The Veggie Tales The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything). The entire time the boys were on this ride they were holding their pretend swords and making mean pirate faces.
Reid wanted to play a shooting game. You are guaranteed a win when you are the only 2 people playing! :) However, I am not quite sure I really wanted the boys to win. I don't really need that random stuffed animal!!

We went inside to the kid area and saw these eggs that were hatching. Cade was insistent that he stay to see one hatch. 45 minutes later he finally saw a baby chick pop out. He really stood there the whole time watching. I would ask him if we could leave and he never wanted to. Reid, on the other hand, had no interest after about a minute. Thank goodness Matt was there to take him on to see other animals and play with him while we waited.
This one little chick kept going over to the hatching egg and tapping on it. It was like he was helping his little friend come out!



One of the best things at the rodeo....a funnel cake from Sills concessions. It was amazing as always. I kinda wish I had another right now! :)

We also got some fried oreos. Reid just laughed this goofy laugh when he bit into them. I do admit, they were good! :)

We stayed all afternoon and left with 2 exhausted little boys. Reid claimed he wasn't tired and that he didn't want to leave. Poor kid was asleep before we left the parking lot!

1 comment:

Miller said...

We got Sills banana split funnel cake and oh my was it delicious. :)