Thursday, September 11, 2008

your trash....my treasure

So, last weekend my mom, Tosha and I had a fun girls night out. We went to the Cheesecake Factory in the Woodlands for a quiet dinner with no screaming and no little mouths to feed but our own. It was wonderful. The food was good, too. We got some yummy corn cake appetizer thing and this chicken dish that was awesome. Of course we topped it off with cheesecake and just about rolled ourselves out the door. I had left my car at my mom's so I visited for awhile before heading home. While there I checked craigslist and noticed a little tykes sand and water table for $25. I jumped right on it and e-mailed the lady. It was in perfect condition and still had the cover and umbrella! I was pumped! When I left, my mom took her trash out to the curb and mentioned that the neighbors had toys in the trash again. I say again because they have thrown out a little tykes shopping cart before. Of course I made Matt dig it out. So, no Matt around this time so I had to do the trash diving myself. I backed the car up and got out only to find a perfectly good fisher price bounce and spin zebra and a little tykes slide! The zebra still had the batteries, too! I was so pumped! I called my mom to brag about my finds and I think she was a bit embarrassed. I wasn't discreet at all! So, I went home and Matt was happy that I found such great things, but his first question was where are we going to put it? I didn't quite think about that....I was just excited that I found perfectly good toys in the trash! I took the zebra inside and wiped it down with my Clorox wipes so it would be all ready for Cade on Saturday morning. I regretted my decision when I awoke to such bouncing, musical racket. It was ok, though, because I was still on a high because of my wonderful finds. I ended up getting an e-mail from the lady about the sand table and I was the first one to reply so I ended up getting the table!!! I went and picked it up later that day and bought sand on my way home. So, I had a pretty successful weekend, but for some reason I really want to drive around and dig in peoples trash! Who knows what I will find next!

1 comment:

The Peterson's said...

Riley has that bounce and spin zebra and luckily she didnt find the volume on it until recently and she got it last xmas. :>) sadly, now we have to endure the bouncing and the music. We chose not to show her the music- in an effort that maybe she wouldnt find it. too late...