Cade is 2 (or
teewww as he says it!) today! He is getting to be such a big boy.
Cade is a high energy, passionate, caring, sweet, happy, lovable, funny little boy who brings his mommy and daddy so much joy. There isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't bring a smile to my face.
Cade loves to go "bye bye" in the car and he can usually tell where we are going before we get there. He is always watching while I drive.
Cade amazes me when he looks up ahead and tells me what is up there. His memory is amazing! The other day we were at a stop light and he pointed straight and said
Wal-Mart...he was right, too! He does the same thing with many of the regular places we go. The latest place he points to is the library. I have just recently started taking
Cade to story time at the library and he loves it. We look forward to going every week. Another thing
Cade looks forward to is when his speech teacher comes to the house. Every week a speech teacher from the district comes to our house to help
Cade. During the school year Mrs. Katy comes and during the summer Mrs. Sarah comes.
Cade loves both of them and usually does well during his session. Speech is something that
Cade qualifies for because of his hearing loss in his little ear (or his lucky ear as we often call it). As of now,
Cade has no speech delays, but we are constantly evaluating to make sure he doesn't fall behind.
Cade has become the typical little boy playing with his cars and trucks. He also loves buses, airplanes and trains. He loves to push them around the house and all over the furniture. Making them fall to the ground is always a favorite option, too!
Cade's other loves are jumping (he is ALWAYS jumping), baseball, football, basketball, the
Doodlebops, playing outside, listening to music, sliding, and playing in the pool. I could sit and tell you stories all day about the different, funny and exciting things that
Cade has done. Matt and I think he is wonderful and we are so thankful that we are the ones the he calls mommy and daddy.
Happy Birthday goose! We love you.
Here are a few pictures and a video from today:
Here is Cade with his Bubba bear.
We went to lunch with Tosha, Bobby, Zach and Tessa after Cade's doctors appointment. He was so tired afterwards that he fell asleep on the way home!

After a 4 1/2 hour nap (wow!) we went to dinner with my family to celebrate. Cade opened a few presents, we sang happy birthday not once, but twice (why not, it's his birthday!) and had cookie cake.
Cade and Tessa

I was so excited when I found out they could do a bus cake at the cookie company. Cade really wanted a bus birthday party, but I never found bus party stuff. He was a bit confused when he saw the bus on the cake. I think he was trying to figure out how to take the bus off the cake!
Cade's new book bag. I am proud to say I made it!!! I know, I impressed myself! :) It's way cute in person if I do say so myself!
I was so excited when I found this bus tent. I couldn't wait to give it to Cade. As soon as we got home we opened it and he played in it until we made him go to bed. I have a feeling it will provide countless hours of entertainment!

And lastly, you have to hear this. When we sing happy birthday and we stop so he can say his name. He sings it and it is just too cute! Also listen to the way he says two. He has been working on getting 2 fingers up at the same time also....
2 comments:
Happy 2nd birthday Cade, you are precious and so is your baby brother! Love all of the new pics. Looks like all of you are having a fun summer!
Love,
The Phelps
happyyyy birthdayy buddyyy!! i love you so much and can't believe you are already "teeewwww"!!! miss you big boy and i can't wait to see you!
ta ta
Post a Comment