Monday, July 7, 2008

nothing much...

A few noteworthy excitements in our lives over the last 2 days:

--Yesterday Reid ate peas for the first time! He started Rice cereal on his 4th month birthday, moved on to oatmeal about a week and a half later and now we are on to peas. He wasn't wild about the rice, did better with the oatmeal and did surprisingly well with the peas! I was just sure that starting solids would help him sleep through the night, but no....he just loves his mommy in the middle of the night! Who could blame him!

--I took the boys to story time at the library this morning. Cade did ok, but at the end they brought out little tents and Cade wasn't too interested. He pushed a little boy and I decided that it was time to go. He cried the whole way home saying library. I felt bad just leaving, but hopefully he got the message. Anyway, once home he was a grump. He eventually asked for milk and I told him he needed to wait. He then asked for his paci and I said the he can only have his paci in bed. He usually throws a fit or ignores me and brings his paci out anyway. Well, today......he walked to his room, put his paci in his mouth and laid in bed and fell asleep. IT WAS 10:30am!!!!!! He ended up sleeping for 3 hours! So nice!

--Tonight we went to Luby's (no old people jokes....I'm weird, I like Luby's!) with my mom, dad, TJ, Tosha, Bobby and Zach. At the end of the meal my mom decided that it was the perfect night for sno cones. I wasn't going to go, but Tosha and Bobby said that I could put Cade's car seat in their truck so Cade could ride with them. I just knew that would make Cade's day. You see, he LOVES Bobby's truck. He talks about Bobby and his truck all the time. It's a "biiiiggg truck". I have to video the way he says it, it makes me laugh! When we got to the sno cone place I took this picture. I hate that it turned out blurry, but that smile says it all!

We have another fun day tomorrow....Cade's speech teacher is coming! Tonight during our prayers he thanked Jesus for Mrs. Sarah all on his own. He has been blessed with such sweet teachers! Alan, Jennifer, Maci and Payton Meers are also coming over for dinner tomorrow. That's always a fun and crazy time!

No comments: